Thursday, November 26, 2009

Anyone dealt with follicitis (infected hair follicles) and got rid of it?

I've had it for months now. One dermatologist misdiagnosed it as scabies and of course, the lotions didn't work. I went back to another Dr. and she said it was follicitis (hard to spell!) and gave me antibiotics. She also recommended certain cleansers and creams. What have you used for the most success? It is similar to acne 'cause she recommende a lot fo the same products you use for zits like stuff with benzoyl peroxide. I have them on my chest, back, and behind! I picked at them and they spread. They are basically white head looking bumps but she said not to squeeze the whitehead and to avoid shaving! Would tanning help? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Oh, why are they so itchy, is this normal?



Anyone dealt with follicitis (infected hair follicles) and got rid of it?

Hi Jenny,



I was also diagnosed with bacterial folliculitis. I was prescribed an oral antibiotic called Mynocycline. This has stopped the itching and my skin looks better, though I am still seeing the occasional new bump on my skin. I was just prescribed Clenia cleanser as well, so I will see if this works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
low rate loans