Friday, June 18, 2010

It seems as if I am losing a lot more hair than usual, lately.....?

Everytime I shower I lose much more than I am used to. I'm almost afraid to brush it. When it breaks off it comes off from the root. Like it just slips out of the follicle with pressure. My hair, especially on the front sides of my head has also changed color and texture. It was always wavy but now it is downright curly and much more brittle. My hair is brunette and although I haven't been out in the sun or dyed it has developed gold streaks near the front where it is weakest. Is this a sign of anything in particular? I have been stressed, but not any more than usual.



It seems as if I am losing a lot more hair than usual, lately.....?

Hopefully, your hair loss is due to some product you are using.



I have heard that hair gels can make the hair come out.



Hair loss can also be a symptom of an autoimmune disease.



You need to see a doctor.



If autoimmune disease is suspected, you would need to be evaluated by a rheumatologist or immunologist.



It seems as if I am losing a lot more hair than usual, lately.....?

could be normal. make an appointment with your doctor for an exam and blood tests.



It seems as if I am losing a lot more hair than usual, lately.....?

this happen to me last year just b4 i was diagnosed with breast cancer,,,but it may be a sign of a hard winter



It seems as if I am losing a lot more hair than usual, lately.....?

What shampoo are you using?



How long have you used it?



How long has it been since you used a clarifying shampoo?



Pantene makes my hair fall out by the handfuls.



and if I do not cleanse all the shampoo and conditioner buildup out of my hair once a month. More seems to fall out.



It seems as if I am losing a lot more hair than usual, lately.....?

I had the same problems a few months ago



well actually last year. i went to the doc. and they told me losing hair could be for three different reasons



one of them is the shampoo or what ever hair product you wear on your hear. using many brands can cause it to fall..



you should just use from one brand for example is you use "Herbal Essence" shampoo then you should use "Herbal Essence" hairspray or whatever. also if you wear oil on your hair, that might cause it to lose hair.



another reason of losing hair is because of stress...



you said you have been stressed so thats another reason why you are losing hair.



the third reason is if you pull your hair. and also how hard you brush your hair. combing the hair is better.



(i think i cant remember if brushing or combing hair is better)



i started using one brand for my hair and im not losing hair any more!!!



wooo!



i hope my answers helps you.



It seems as if I am losing a lot more hair than usual, lately.....?

It could also be hypothyroidism (low thryoid hormone). If there is a health fair happening somewhere near you, you could have your TSH checked and if it is abnormal youcould take that result to your doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
low rate loans